I made a script that will allow you to automatically remove all your Facebook friends at once.
Here is what you are going to need:
- Selenium IDE (under Selenium IDE paragraph)
- You will have to restart Firefox after the plugin installs.
- Script File: Facebook – Remove All Friends Script for Selenium IDE.txt
1. Open Firefox, Open Facebook and login!
2. Now, you must open the IDE by going: Firefox > Developer Tools > Selenium IDE (Ctrl + Alt + S on some computers)
3. Load Script File :
In Selenium IDE, do a File > Open > [Select the script file from above]
OK, the script is loaded and should look like this:
4. Test the script before you start by clicking on the individual items and watching what Firefox does. Start by clicking on the first few in order. (open /friends/,click css=… , click=…Report,)
5. If all that seems good, then run the test by doing : Actions > Play Current Test Case.
6. Now you wait. Go get some coffee. You should now see your browser doing a bunch of automated things and wave goodbye to all your precious friends.
- You can easily modify the script by looking through the documentation.
- You can easily lengthen the script by going clicking on the [Source] tab and copy and pasting from OPEN friends to click OK
- Or, you can add flow control/loops
- You can ask questions here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/selenium
- A warning message will not be sent to your friends, so feel free to delete as many friends as you want.