This is how you setup a free home security webcam using dorgem and winscp.exe.
- Download WinSCP and install it.http://winscp.net/
- Download Dorgem and install it. http://dorgem.sourceforge.net/
Next Configure Dorgem:
Most people are going to want to use the “Web Server” option. This will setup a webserver with your webcam on it…. Pretty straight forward.
But, when I was looking this up, I couldn’t find anywhere that tells you how to use WinSCP. So here I go:
First Configure WinSCP
- Open WinSCP
- Type in all the correct info in session
- Make sure you set a default folder under Environment->Directories->Remote Directory
- Save… and remember the name of the session
- Connect and make sure you set it to remember passwords and everything
Second Configure Dorgem:
- Open Dorgem
- Preview the source
- Click “Store Settings”
- External Program
- Name it something to remember
- Check Enable
- Command: “C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\winscp.exe” [email protected]_session.com /upload %s /defaults
- Click “Capture Now” to test it out.
- You should now see a tmp file on the WinSCP server.
- If you dont, then you might want to try changing the path to WinSCP in the command or double check the name of the stored WinSCP session in the command.
- Then, you can enable motion detection under “options” on the main screen
Hope this helps some people!